Extra security is important for protecting your family and valuables against burglars, crazy in-laws, and random zombie apocalypses. Unfortunately, those deadbolted doors and locked windows won’t likely keep out the truly determined. We all know a good guard dog and martial arts are excellent ways to deal with intruders, but why not stack everything you can in your favor? Here are some excellent ideas for doing just that.
1. The SimLOCK is an effective way to protect your deadbolt from getting picked.
2. Door jams made in the last ten years are often a bit weak. Reinforce them for better security.
3. Glass doors need all the help they can get. Beef up your patio doors with The Door Guardian.
4. Get some window alarms to make sure you know when they open. You can also find some here.
5. Scare the pants off of someone who thinks they made a silent entry with this hidden door alarm.
6. Here’s an awesome way to reinforce your garage side door. Use two-by-fours, plywood, and brackets.
Attach the plywood into the door with drywall screws and test out the two-by-fours to see how thick you’ll need your filler strips to be.