There are certain things that are unavoidable in life: breathing, that awkward first kiss, and… (gasp) painting. If you can’t figure out breathing, you may have a problem. While it might be kind of fun showing you how to kiss, this isn’t that kind of site. However, I can help with the painting issue! Here are some awesome tips to making one of the most satisfying (but also frustrating) jobs in home renovation far smoother. You can thank me in shares.
1. Need to remove small things from the floor area of the room? Lint rollers can get those items you don’t want to vacuum up.
2. It’s a great idea to remove the dust from walls before you paint them. You can use a rag, feather duster, or a swiffer to get the job done.
3. Many people use plastic sheeting or canvas cloth to protect the floor. However, you’re less likely to slip on (or tear) a plastic table cloth.
4. If you don’t have plastic, you can also use tinfoil for your paint tray.
5. Face it. Most of us don’t care for the smell of paint. If you’re tired of involuntarily huffing paint odor, put a few drops of vanilla extract in it and mix thoroughly. Your nose will thank you.
6. If you use a W pattern to roll on paint, you’ll ensure a more even and full coverage. Here’s the DIY for a deeper look.
7. Soaking your brushes in fabric softener not only saves the pliability of the brush, but also helps with the paint smell.
8. Another great method for cleaning brushes is to soak them in vinegar. DIY instructions here.
Is je kwast teveel opgedroogd? Laat hem dan even weken in azijn. pic.twitter.com/1sEyTfbAbg
— Joep de Veer (@JoepdeVeer) July 9, 2015